The Charleston Carnegie Public Library invites the adults of our community to join us in Read Through the Holidays!
This 4 week adult holiday reading/task oriented program gives you chances to win some great prizes that support our local businesses!
What is it?
A 4 week (November 22nd-December20th) reading/task oriented program. Read as many titles as you can, or complete tasks to earn chances to win our grand prizes! Ages 18+ and you do not need a library card to participate.
How do I join?
No registration required. Submit your reading/task that you have completed HERE
Please call the Library for any help with submissions.
Enter each book title that you have read or enter any or all of the completed tasks below (please do not repeat tasks):
• Support a locally owned business. Food to go or a gift card purchase, anything helps!
• Bake up some delicious treats using a new cookbook from the library. YUM!
• Jump in your car with hot cocoa, jammies on, and find your favorite decorated house!
• Watch your favorite holiday movie (reciting all the lines of course!).
• Send THANKS! Write a letter, postcard, or email to someone thanking them for being in your life.
• Take a break, the holidays can be rough! Grab a book and go on an adventure in your mind.
• Cozy up as a family and read aloud your favorite holiday books.
• Do a book title exchange among family and friends...you might find your new favorite book!
$25 Jackson Avenue Coffee + $25 Revival City Doughnuts gift cards
$50 Roc's Blackfront Tavern & Grill gift card (*to be used when they re-open)
$50 WB’s Pub-n-Grub gift card
$50 The Butcher Shop gift card
$50 Wildcatters Grill gift card
$50 T. Garden Thai gift card
All Entries must be entered by 11:59pm, Sunday, December 20th. Grand prizes will be drawn on Monday, December 21st. All winners will be called and notified on how they are to pick up their prizes.
Thank you for participating in Read Through the Holidays! Have a wonderful and safe holiday season!
We know you miss browsing our collection for your new favorite book, movie, or magazine, etc. and that's why we have created Curbside Connection! Patrons can fill out a Curbside Connection form, which will ask questions about what you like (genres, authors, subjects, etc.) and then library staff will build you a personalized bundle of 5 items for you to check out!
Once we have put together your Curbside Connection request, you will be notified either by phone call, text, or email (depending on how you picked to be notified on your library record). The items will show up as "held" on your library record. Library staff may contact you if they have questions about your request. You will need to fill out a new Curbside Connection form each time you want new items.
Library hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am-5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-1:00pm.
During this time, we are also asking everyone to not donate materials to the Library. While we are more than appreciative of our generous community, we are currently trying to balance providing curbside service while quarantining all returned items for a minimum of 7 days and do not have the space to process donations.
For curbside printing, copying, and faxing, head here.
For obtaining a library card via Curbside Service, head here.