Covid-19 Family Resources: Click Here
**UPDATED 4/2/20** News Release and Public Information Announcement
Charleston Carnegie Public Library Closure:
After careful deliberation, the Charleston Carnegie Public Library has decided to close to the public to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19.)
The Charleston Carnegie Public Library
will be closed until further notice.
On March 31, 2020, Governor Pritzker extended his a shelter-in-place order through April 30, 2020 in an effort to curb the spread and impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The Charleston Carnegie Public Library will be closed until further notice.
Here’s what that will look like.
- The Charleston Carnegie Public Library will be closed to the public. This includes any events or meetings hosted by third-party organizations.
- Overdue fines will not accrue while the library is closed. The library will be accepting items returned during this period. Patrons wishing to return items are asked to use the book drops attached to the building. The drive-thru book drop will be closed.
Patrons who are ill are asked to keep their materials for 2 weeks after their recovery.
- Any library cards that are set to expire during the closure will be given a temporarily renewal.
- If you need an item renewed, please email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org with your library card number, the title of the item, and the item’s barcode.
- We encourage our patrons to check out our many electronic resources that will continue to be available during the closure.
E-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines are available online through our website and through free apps. Visit http://charlestonlibrary.org/digitalcontent to learn more.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this rapidly evolving health crisis. We are working to keep the public and the library staff as safe as possible. The Charleston Carnegie Public Library is continuing to monitor and adjust to this changing situation. For updates, please check our website at www.charlestonlibrary.org and our Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Charlestonlibrary.
If you have any questions regarding this situation, please email the Library at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding,
Charleston Carnegie Public Library